The kinds of information we collect and hold
- Personal information for advocacy purposes such as name, postal address, phone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- Personal information relating to a person’s business or professional capacity such as ABN/ACN, position, organisation, postal address, phone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- Transactional information such as credit card details or bank details in the event of a purchase from Key Assets or a payment from Key Assets.
- Personal information for human resources, finance and general entity administration purposes.
- Personal information for the purpose of organising, inviting and holding a training session, seminar or similar Key Assets event.
How we collect personal information
- Directly from the person we are working with to provide advice, materials and/or resources.
- Directly from the person who is seeking to become a foster carer with Key Assets, plus from any of their household/family members and close associates as part of their foster carer application and assessment.
- From publically available information.
- From our key stakeholders such as the Department of Family and Community Services.
How we hold personal information
- We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal information to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
- Hard copy format in our secure offices.
- Electronic format in our secure servers.
The use of personal information
- The first priority of Key Assets’ use of personal information is to protect its confidentiality, subject to the particular use the information is being put to. Personal information will not be revealed, sold, distributed, rented, licensed, shared or passed on to any third party unless consent has been granted by the individual or organisation, or Key Assets is required to do so by law.
- We use your information to provide products and services to you or information about these products or services.
- Key Assets is committed to the use of personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
Key Assets is transparent and accountable for the limited personal information that we collect. Should you wish to access or correct your personal information we hold, please contact Shared Services on 07 3452 9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also use these contact details to notify us of a privacy complaint that you may have against us if you think we have failed to comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles.